The sign behind my family reads:
sparks flying between us.
I'm so grateful that for 58 years of my life my wonderful brothers, sisters and Mom were all here on earth to laugh, cry, cheer in new children and celebrate new grandchildren together. I miss my sweet Mom and my amazing sister Shirley; God called them on a mission this year, but I know I will see them again. I'm thankful, dear Savior, for this knowledge.
Danger
High Voltage
We all thought this was very funny, because at times there have been a lot ofsparks flying between us.
I'm so grateful that for 58 years of my life my wonderful brothers, sisters and Mom were all here on earth to laugh, cry, cheer in new children and celebrate new grandchildren together. I miss my sweet Mom and my amazing sister Shirley; God called them on a mission this year, but I know I will see them again. I'm thankful, dear Savior, for this knowledge.
Thanksgiving is a day that we celebrate
By eating just like the pilgrims ate.
There's a self-basting turkey roasted to prime
With a magic red button that pops when it's time.
Stove-top stuffing with premeasured spices,
Cranberries served whole or in slices,
Potatoes whipped with electric beaters,
Presweetened Kool-Aid poured by the liters.
Fresh frozen vegetables cooked to perfection,
In a microwave with built-in convection,
Pillsbury rolls baked on a Teflon pan
Pumpkin pies straight from the can.
And when we're all stuffed and the feast is gone,
The dishwasher is stacked and the TV turned on,
Yes, traditions are great, so I'm really glad
We have a Thanksgiving just like the pilgrims had.
Jill C. Major - More Clean Your House and Everything In It



Hahaha. Love the poem and the post. Love you mema.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing this, your faith is inspiring. love you!
ReplyDelete